My Book Is Published!!!
Cut The Crap and WRITE THAT DAMN SCREENPLAY! is finally published. It’s been a long road to this moment. It is a culmination of nearly two years of work and an intense last six months to make the final push to see this become a reality.
What an amazing journey it has been. From the screenplays that I wrote which kicked off the whole endeavor, to the Great American PitchFest of ’09, to my From Page To Screen Writers Group, and the Rhode Island Film Collaborative‘s writers group, to my screenwriting blog and workshop (of which a some of the book’s content originally came from), to all of the research I have done and the books on screenwriting that I have read, to finally sitting down and hard-core writing this book!
And then that’s when the fun really began: revisions, copyediting, more revisions, formatting, glossary building and indexing, and preflight processing of the book’s files. And then of course the cover design. That involved taking pictures of me and my friends, Krystle, Peter, and Joe all looking stunned as I come up to them like a crazy person and yell, “Cut the crap and write that damn screenplay!” Also, there were many hours of creating the actual Photoshop file that would have all the design elements in there and then printing it out to see if they looked good. And there were many revisions to the book cover. And finally uploading it all to Lulu.com to make it all happen.
Oh, and I totally forgot to mention the battle between me and Microsoft Word. Every step of the way Word would make me crazier than crazy with its glitches and aberrant behaviors, never doing what I asked it to do. But that’s just the “book gods” making sure I suffered enough before they’d give their approval to let me publish this book.
We’ve all gotta pay our dues.
But now it is here. And you can find it on Lulu.com, or click the preview below:
And stay tuned because this is only the beginning!
- Getting the book listed on Amazon.com and other bookseller’s databases.
- Publishing the eBook version that will be compatible with the iPad, iPhone4, the Kindle, and other book readers.
- Launching a Facebook fan page dedicated to the book as well as a comprehensive online marketing campaign that hopefully will go viral.
- Implementing a sweeping guerilla marketing campaign in multiple cities.
- YouTube video snippets of me presenting parts of the book.
- And finally speaking engagements where I will be personally teaching students how to Cut The Crap and WRITE THAT DAMN SCREENPLAY!
It’s gonna be a great year. Just you wait and see!!!